Popular Posts

Monday, October 3, 2011

Jen's Birthday Card

You know what they say about "best laid plans" right?  I had designed a birthday card for my sister, Jennifer in my mind. I knew exactly how I wanted it to look.  I ordered a beautiful vintage looking Victorian image stamp for the centerpiece.  I found an exquisite vintage button and some stunning lace.  I wanted to make something that was primarily black and white with just a pop of burgundy for contrast.  So, last night I started gathering my supplies and piling them up on the dining room table (because my studio desk has no visible surface available) to work.  But alas, I could not find the stinking new stamp. I had put so much effort designing the card, that without the stamp, I was at a loss of what to do.  My creativity evaporated.  POOF!

The thing is, I had to get the card made if it was going to make it in time for the big day.  So I did what I always do. I made myself a cup of tea and rummaged through my stash of stuff looking for inspiration.  At the back of a drawer I found a few stacks of Artist Trading Card images made into little wire-bound notebooks.  I picked these up at Michael's several months ago for a quarter a piece and stashed them.  I found some vintage inspired papers, lace, pearls, a paper lace doily and a few other leftover fancies and created my new pile on the dining room table.  I made a flower using a "Gloober" and a long two-inch wide strip of cream-colored linen.  The result is gorgeous!  I know that she is going to love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment