Popular Posts

Friday, September 30, 2011

My Creative Cup Runneth Over

This blog is dedicated to my love of hand crafted things.  I have always been a crafter ever since I was a little girl. I learned to quilt from my Grandma Markham and sew from my Granny Franny.  I learned to crochet from my Great Aunt Lavergne. There hasn't been a time in my life during the last 25 years that I didn't have some sort of project going.  There isn't a craft out there that I haven't tried.  Some were brilliantly successful, and others, not so much.

My current creative passion is paper art.  Several years ago I got involved in Scrapbooking.  Scrapbooking, like potato chips, is very addictive.  My current mantra is "I scrap, therefore I'm broke."  I love all of the gadgets and gizmos that are out there that help you create that perfect look.  I can't resist buying the newest thing. I may never use it, but I've got to have it.  Currently, I am heavily invested in making cards.  My cards are over-the-top outrageous works of art. They are so much fun to make and give.  I have so many birthdays that are coming up in my family over the next couple of months that I am going to be very busy.

This weekend I will be making a card for my beautiful sister Jennifer whose birthday is October 4th.  I found a gorgeous stamp of a vintage Victorian figure that I plan to pair with some lace and paper flowers made from an old poetry book that I picked up at a yard sale.  There is a technique that I came across on Pinterest that will give the stamped image an antiqued, crackled look.  I know that she will love it.  As soon as it is complete, I will be sure to post the pictures.

So until then, thanks for stopping by and welcome to this corner of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment